Learn how to set up your automated receptionist(s) to answer your calls and route customers to the right person or place.
An automated receptionist can help you save time and energy by filtering important calls from the not-so-important ones. It’s a must-have for the modern small business owner, and the first step you should take before building out your team.
Here’s how to set up your automated receptionist (desktop version):
Before you even enter into the portal, decide on your menu options and how you would like to direct your callers. Assign each option with a respective number. Then, write out a professional script that can either be used for text-to-speech or a personal greeting.
1. Sign into your Cloudphone.com account.
2. Find Receptionists in the menu on the left side of your screen.
3. Select Add New.
- This will take you to a new page on which you can create an automated receptionist.
4. Next, choose from the following options:
This option enables you to type out your greeting into the box provided, and use an automated voice to recite it for your greeting. By selecting “Text-to-Speech” options, you can edit the voice, language and speed.
- Voice Recording
This option allows you to record your greeting directly using your smartphone. Click “Record” to activate. An automated system will call your automated business number. Upon answering, proceed to follow the prompts to record your greeting.
Tip: Make sure to have a script written out and ready! This will allow you to record quickly and sound professional.
- Upload Audio File
This option allows you to upload your own audio recording. It must be an mp3 or wav file.
5. Next, set up your automated receptionist menu.
- For each number you’d like to edit, select “Add”.
- Find the correct action from the list.
- Repeat for each number until all options are set up.
6. Edit additional settings
You can change the number of times a greeting repeats if the caller takes no action.
You can change the next Action that follows if there is no valid input.
7. Don’t forget to select Save Changes.
On the mobile version:
Sign into your Cloudphone.com app.
Select Settings in the bottom right corner.
Select Receptionists from the Admin Settings.
4. Select the receptionist you would like to edit or select Add New to create a new one.
5. Follow steps 4 through 7 above.