Zapier enables you to connect Cloudphone.com to applications and services that you already use.
Here are some things you can do with Zapier and Cloudphone.com:
- When you add a subscriber, add that number to a Google Sheet.
- When a user completes a Google form, add their phone number to a Subscriber List.
- When a contact in my CRM has a birthday, send them a happy birthday message.
- When I create an appointment in my Google calendar, send a text reminder to any phone number in the notes section 15 minutes before the meeting.
- Send a blast text to my chosen list when I send a message to a private group in Slack.
Zapier works by connecting applications with Triggers and Actions. Triggers mean “if this happens…”. Actions mean “...then do this”. Cloudphone.com can be connected to other apps as either a Trigger or an Action.
Cloudphone.com as a Trigger:
- When you get a new subscriber...
Cloudphone.com as an Action:
- Add a phone number to any subscriber list
- Send a text to a single contact from any of your Cloudphone.com numbers
- Send a blast text to any of your subscriber lists
How to set up a Trigger
1. Click ‘Create Zap’ from anywhere in your Zapier account
2. Give your Zap a name (or skip this step, you can come back later to complete this task or rename your Zap.
3. Search for Cloudphone.com in the ‘When this happens…’ trigger section
4. Choose ‘New List Member’ and click continue.
5. Sign in to your Cloudphone.com account. (NOTE: this step is only required for your first Zap)
- You may connect more than one Cloudphone.com account to Zapier if you need to.
- If you change your password, you will need to authenticate your Cloudphone.com account again in Zapier.
- You will only have to log in the first time you configure the integration.
6. Enter your Cloudphone.com email address and password. Both, Cloudphone.com and Zapier are secure partners and your information is not stored by Zapier.
7. Congratulations! You have now connected Zapier to your Cloudphone.com account.
8. Setting up this Trigger will notify you when a new contact subscribes to any of your lists.
9. Let's get some data from your account, this makes the next steps a little easier.
10. Click on the ‘Test Trigger’ button.
11 Click on the drop-down ‘Subscriber’ to get a new sample.
12. You can choose to Load More if you want more samples.
13. Choose one and let’s continue (click the blue button).
14. The Trigger is done!
15. Now, click the + to create your ACTION!
How to set up an Action
- Let’s choose one action to get you started.
- How about… send an SMS to your cell phone letting you know that you have a new subscriber.
- Choose the ‘Send message via SMS’.
4. Select your account (same step as earlier, but without having to login this time).
5. Configure Trigger
- Choose a number from your account to send the message From (any number).
- Select the To Number (your mobile phone).
- Choose the Message you want to send.
6. In this example, I have also chosen to use Variables from previous steps.
- "1. List: Zapier List Test” is the data I chose when setting up my Trigger earlier.
- ". Number +18585551234” is the last number that joined the list.
7. Turn it all on!
8. Click Test & Continue and you will receive an SMS with the sample data above!
There is so much you can do!
You can continue to build a Zap that best fits your needs at any time.
For example, I probably don’t want to get a text like I configured above when I add the number manually to my list.
So, let’s add a Zapier Filter between steps 1 and 2 to “Only continue if…”
In the image below, I am going to set up the filter so that it only continues to the next step (send an SMS) if the Method is SMS. You can see the options from the first trigger we setup in the image below.