Learn how to set up ring groups in the Cloudphone.com app to ensure no call goes unanswered.
Delegating is key to running your small business and making sure no call goes unanswered. Ring groups are an awesome way to help you delegate conversations with ease.
What is a ring group? A ring group is a call routing tool that creates a group of virtual phone numbers, extensions or physical phones that ring together simultaneously when one of the included numbers is called.
Here is how to set up ring groups in Cloudphone.com:
On the desktop portal:
1. Sign into your Cloudphone.com account.
2. Select Extensions from the navigation bar on the left side.
3. Select Manage My Extension from the list.
4. Under the Call Routing block, add the numbers you would like to include in your ring group by selecting Add a Number.
This can be a mobile number, landline, or extension from your Cloudphone.com account. Keep in mind – two extensions come with the basic pricing plan, so you’ll need to add additional extensions to your account if needed.
5. Clicking Add a Number will open a new window in which you can give your number a label, enter the phone number and set the amount of time you would like for this line to ring for.
6. You can also configure the Caller ID for this line by choosing between the following options:
- Show the Caller's Phone Number (Like Normal)
- Show the Cloudphone.com Number that was Called
7. Don’t forget to hit save!
8. Once you’ve added all of the numbers to the group, select how you would like calls to ring. You can choose whether all of the numbers will ring in the order in which they are listed here, simultaneously, or if they go straight to voicemail.
9. You can edit each number by selecting the gear icon to the right of the respective number. You can also remove the number from the group temporarily by clicking the toggle switch.
10. Make sure to click Save Changes in the top right corner.
On the mobile version:
1. Sign into your Cloudphone.com app.
2. Select Settings in the bottom right corner.
3. Select Incoming Calls Go To from the My Call Settings list.
4. From the Call Routing screen, you can now edit the existing numbers in the ring group.
5. To edit or add additional numbers to your ring group, select Edit in the top right corner.
6. Don’t forget to hit save!