Learn how to set up extensions for different team members or departments.
Here is a step by step process of how to set up your extensions in the Cloudphone.com desktop portal (instructions for mobile setup are further down below).
Keep in mind – with the standard pricing plan, your account includes 2 extensions. However, you can easily add on more extensions by upgrading your account. Extensions will need to be created for more than one user to log into the system.
On Desktop Version:
- Sign into your Cloudphone.com account.
- Find Extensions in the menu on the left side of your screen.
- Select Add New.
- This will take you to a new page on which you can create an extension.
4. Choose between Personal or Department.
- Create a Personal extension for each person you would like to use the Mobile app and web portal.
- Create a Department extension to connect groups of people in your company. Whoever picks up first gets the call.
5. Choose the role and admin privileges.
- Select Admin to give a user full access to your entire Cloudphone.com portal.
- Select Non-admin to limit their access. A user without admin privileges is only able to manage their own information.
6. If you elect to create a Personal extension, enter the user’s information including their name, phone number, and the 3-digit extension number.
7. If you elect to create a Department extension, enter the department name, 3-digit extension code and the email address to which you would like to receive notifications.
- Once you’ve created the Department extension, you’ll be redirected to another page that enables you to add your team members’ phone numbers to that extension.
- Select the Extension you would like to add to from the list. (Please note - you will not be able to view this list or the “View Extensions” menu option in your left side navigation until you’ve created your first extension.)
- Next, select “Add Number or Device” and follow the prompts in the pop-up window to add each users’ information to the group. You’ll have the option of choosing from an existing extension or a new phone number.
- Next, label the extension line with the users’ name or whatever works for you.
- You can choose additional options, such as how long the call rings for before going to voicemail or transferring to another line, as well as the number you would like for Caller ID to show when the line rings.
- Once you have multiple lines set up in your Department extension group, you can select whether you would like for the calls to ring in order or all at once.
- Additional call settings include what happens after all extensions ring, but nobody answers. You can elect to have the call connect to a custom voicemail or choose from your list of voicemail greetings that you’ve already created.
- You can also set up Text and Email Notifications, so you or another user are alerted when a call comes in to your Department Extension.
On Mobile Version:
- Open Cloudphone.com application.
- Go to Settings in the bottom right corner.
- Select Extensions from the menu.
4. Select Add New Extension from the menu.
5. Follow steps 4 through 7 above.